PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyer Show
Thread: Flyer Show
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2008, 20:05
Sole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,
I attended the flyer show recently (May sometime i think :S?), basically all the airlines and training programs that go set up there own stall, i think theres around 30 - 40.... maybe more :S. Some of them give talks at different times of the day about there training etc, but theres always 2 people at each stall representing to answer any questions you have and give handouts.

For myself, being a low hours microlight pilot, (Wanna-be Commercial pilot) it helped me no end because, theres so much there that you havnt thought about, or flying schools that are not heard of. After the show, it gave me an amazing insight into how everything worked, and a good idea of what i want to do and how to achieve it.

There is also the opportunity to go on some aptitude tests (didn't have a go on these as they were very crowded).

Now, im currently looking for a full time job to start my training with Path finder, Cabair.

Would recommend:
1. Try to get there for most of the day, as some of the seminars are only in the morning etc.
2.theres a car park near to the hotel into the hotel (next car park along?), thats free and has tons of space (no one usually finds it) unfortunately, i parked in the very small space next the tree in the hotel car park when i went (exited through the boot).
3. Collect any and all advice going.

Hope you have a good time, everyones friendly and the CAA is even there for any querys.

All the best
Sole