PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - sheet metal to licensed engineer?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2008, 18:54
asheng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Zigmund,

I spent 15 years dragging my butt about as a sheetie only to go and get my licences (It was more than one in those days) and have just recently left one of the biggest and busiest line operations in Europe. This week I went back to my roots and for the first time in over 10 years I ended up repairing a hole in the side of one of our finest and able to sign off the repair, all of the functions for the disturbed systems and a majority of the duplicates.

The bonus is, when the repairs are done, you just move on to the functions and tests with your certifacation rights.

You get to see both sides of the world and are able to manage to carry out work that the normal mechs can't.

Go for it mate, but remember, having a licence dosn't make you a better engineer and there are some superb unlicensed engineers out there that haven't had the chance or opportunities to get there licences and vice-versa there are licensed eng's that you wouldn't want working on your bike. However, experiance is worth a fortune.