PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Updated Bulletin Board Software
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2001, 23:53
McD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

There is an easier way ... just use the link that Capt PPRuNe posted (right above BEagle's post).

or click here

That will take you to the front page of the forums without the navbar. Once you're on that page, simply bookmark it in your browser's normal way.

BEagle, even though you've probably addressed those questions to Danny and/or PPRuNe Towers, I can probably help you out a bit with your questions...

1) See the post just above yours (or see the instructions above here)

2) (I'm not sure what you mean here ..)

3) Good question .. perhaps to keep people out of here before they agree to some TOS?That's just a guess from me.... Capt PPRuNe - over to you on this one!

4) A case of "majority rules" most likely ... a majority of people like the icons, and a wide variety of them as well.

5) Because it's a new URL ... resetting your bookmarks means that you don't have to wait to be forwarded.

6) Again, probably relates to "majority rules", but I have to agree with your point about the "Member Rated" thing. Seems a bit like a popularity contest or something.

8) No, but all good BB creators continually look for ways to improve the service, and to meet or exceed the desires of the subscribers/readership.

------------------------------

As with any change, there will be a time of adjustment. I'm sure that Danny, PPT, and others will be looking at all feedback regarding the new software. In the meantime, give it the benefit of the doubt and try out all the new stuff. If you run into problems, let someone know.