PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dan Air 1008
Thread: Dan Air 1008
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2008, 10:17
fiftyfour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the program is just for history aviation buffs - fine. It won't make any money.
If it's for the general public then forget it - it will just be scaremongering. The individuals (crew and ATC) were just doing the best they could on the day, unfortunately TFN is an airport with grotty weather and difficult terrain. Aviation has come a long way since then, and lessons learned at the time are now incorporated in civil aviaton throughout the world. A similar accident is very unlikely.
The aircraft used these days are of a design and technology that is much safer to fly. Situational awareness in the cockpit is ten times what it was in those days. The crews are better trained. The culture of safety in most airlines and of the ATC system is light years ahead of what was accepted 20-30 years ago.
I didn't know the crew, but I did work for Dan-air in the 1980s flying the B727 and now I fly Airbus for a UK airline.
So I say forget your planned documentary and try something else. Let them rest in peace.