PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 1st Jul 2008, 04:16
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Dear, MightyHunter AGE,

There you go yet again! - this sad, pathetic 'little boy' attitude when you don't get your own way. For goodness sake man, do grow up a bit and try to stop all this ridiculous points scoring stupidity.

Forget about licensed engineers and all that nonesence and concentrate on the important matters here. The hard fact is that at ISK (and probably elsewhere in the RAF) you DO NOT use up-to-date kit to locate fuel leaks do you? You use a method that we have all used for years when we have had a puncture on our bikes! Unfortunately, as has been proven and shown (in my last posting) this is NOT reliable, and should not be used. ENDEX

I re-iterate that the probable reason for the lack of modern kit is lack of money. It's as simple as that. It's not your fault, its not OC Eng's fault, and its probably not even the Staish's fault. Its down to the constant cuts in the defence budget and lack of investment. So accept that, and stop trying to make excuses for everything.

It will become abundantly clear to you when you join BA, that things are done much differently outside, and in the main they are done much better.
Good luck with your application.

RAF Techie 101. I am fairly certain that somewhere in the past few pages, someone claimed that the fuel system on NImrods was checked for leaks by draining it and using compressed air. Indeed, I think that was one of the points that the EATON corporation commented on about the seals drying out wasn't it? Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that there are other, better, and more accurate methods of locating and identifying aircraft fuel leaks other than soapy water, and the same goes for the vents also.