PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paranoid over flypast for retiring RAAF 707 in Sydney!!!
Old 30th Jun 2008, 21:23
Schwerpunkt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B707 flypast

Oldpinger, 00 et al

The media were well informed of this event. It's a once-a-generation occasion, so there were media alerts that went out last Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. There were over a dozen media on the aircraft (presumably not SMH?!). I know that there were a number of interviews with media over the course of Friday, the weekend and Monday morning to try and get the word out. RAAF PR did do their job, they were well aware of past lessons. What goes on from there is then in the hands of the media, and the public.

I can understand that not everyone read the newspapers or heard radio that advised of the event. Still, should the Air Force never celebrate an historical occasion like this just because it cannot ensure it reaches every single person who might see the aircraft, and might not realise that it's our own aircraft?

I am surprised there have not been more photos, guess there would be if they played up the 'terror' aspect of the story. Unfortunately, most news organisations have taken a responsible 'retirement of the 707' tone, which obviously isn't as newsworthy! There are a few videos such as Daily Telegraph that are OK.