PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter onboard research vessel "Polarstern" crashed - two dead
Old 30th Jun 2008, 19:14
eivissa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey cmwangs,
Stephan worked for the helitransair, i do my cpl training with them, but I've never met him. Lots of our employees talked to the copilot who survived the accident. He cant remember anything from the crash. He said they woke up some time after impact and the next thing he remembers was the BO105 coming for rescue. As you can imagine he wasnt really happy to talk about the accident, so we are all still waiting that he starts to talk about it by himself. Helitransair flys operations from the ship Polarstern with two BO105. Ive been told that the wreckage had been lifted to the polarstern and will be analised when the ship returns from its journey. The injured and bodies where brought to a hospital in the south of africa...my information is not quite up to date, it is second hand knowledge and as i said, i havent met stephan myself. The ship might have been returned by now. I could try to get additional information tomorrow in the company.

Maybe you could share how you came to know stephan and where you guys worked together. I will tell the pilots who worked with him at helitransair about this thread, maybe we can create a requiem.

greetings eivissa