PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paranoid over flypast for retiring RAAF 707 in Sydney!!!
Old 30th Jun 2008, 17:30
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brickhistory,

I think we agree then ?!

And BTW I AM jealous, we don't get to play with Bofors etc in our backyards here, ( except in Crawley where such kit is de rigeur just for a shopping trip ) and I'm not allowed to even carry a bazooka to pass greetings to inconsiderate motor boats from my sailboat.

It's not often mentioned, but unfortunuantely Tom Clancy ( whose work especially 'Red Storm Rising' I admire very much ) came up with the idea of a hi-jacked 747 attacking the White House before 9/11.

I trust it's surrounded by SAM's of every type now - I was flying ( as photographer ) in Cessna 172's a while ago, and my colleagues were more than a little concerned that the net result of the chap having a go at the White House with one was a little curled up ball of alloy which barely scuffed the railings !

I fear that any similar attack to 9/11 is likely to succeed ( internal defences notwithstanding, I'm aware of most but this is certainly not the place to discuss them ) as by the time anyone could really verify the situation & take the huge decision to down an airliner, it would be too late.

Anyway I've gone off skyscrapers ever since seeing 'Die Hard' & 'Speed' - yes, that's probably the sum of my knowledge, before someone else says it !

DZ