PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dan Air 1008
Thread: Dan Air 1008
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2008, 17:06
bridxb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Dan Air 1008

Hi everyone.
I've posted here in order to get some details regarding the loss of G-BDAN 727-46 at TFN 25/04/80.
I am an independent documentary maker and despite their having been 5 series of the excellent Air Crash Investigations on Nat Geo channel, they have not covered this in depth, despite it being the single greatest loss of life involving a UK airliner. I have read the AAIB and CVR transcripts and am familiar with the accident, although CRM and taking the aircraft into high terrain was only one aspect of this. I believe ATC certainly contributed in respect of an unrealistic holding pattern and mis communication. I have searched just about everywhere for more finite details but there isn''t much around except that the Captain was known as Arthur "Red" Whelan. I am a great believer in getting facts historically correct. If anyone could point me in a direction where I might obtain more information from relatives or Dan Air staff, it would be greatly appreciated as there is little or no leads for Dan Air around .
Many thanks