PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2008, 15:14
cliffnemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trenchard's Brat.

F.A.O SHACK
---------------------------------
Point of order your honour. Not "were" but are, even if we are a bit older now days.
---------------------------------------------------------------

mea culpa or summat, and I apologise for killing off a fine bunch of engineers.
Did you know that an ex Halton Brat, with only tin snips , schobert rivet guns , and was it alclad ? plus original Hallifax bomber blue prints, built a complete nose section from scratch. The work comprised, pilot, flight engineer navigator bomb aimers position . All radios, instruments hydraulics. electrics. and tail plane. Yes Hairy M , even an elsan chemical closet. It is now complete in the Yorkshire air museum, Elvington.
It had been used as a chicken coop in Scotland, and arrived at Elivington with no wings tailplane or engines
That brat still is, rather than was. I was speaking to him yesterday.He eventually qualilfied as a pilot (Rhodesian trained) Think there maybe a few videos left,of the complete build. could find out. It is called Halifax project.

However if you read a previous blog of mine you will see I said "to hell with past tense .present tense " etc get it down while there is still time.
Sorry, folks if I got carried away, but they certainly were/are/is a fine bunch of blokes and deserve complements, for we would never have got any where without them.
Cliff.

Last edited by cliffnemo; 30th Jun 2008 at 15:56.