PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2008, 12:41
2J&D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I would say with regards to the CO route, is that we are coming up to what should normally be the busiest time of the year. A lot of people would have organised their travel plans for the likes of Florida and West coast USA some time before now and I believe they would still be wanting to travel. The £-$ exchange is still good and this could sway people to stick with their travel plans. It may be quiet at present but come mid July/Aug I would think the flights are pretty busy. After that though who knows. Don't forget a plane does not have to be full to make money, you might find that the seats booked are high yielding and with the recent press article lets hope it may help from a business travel point of view.

I think the problem going to Europe is the strength of the Euro v £. I have been lucky in only receiving on currency surcharge for a customer but if it continues we could see the reduction of pax traveling to 'Euro using' countries because prices are being increased...and it has nothing to do with fuel surcharges!

I can say that we as an agent are busy and have not noticed a decline, people are still traveling. However we are not your standard high street agency, so whether this has something to do with it? Just hope the doom and gloom being predicted doesn't get too bad...