PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reclining seats send airline tempers soaring
Old 30th Jun 2008, 11:56
qwertyplop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I flew to New Zealand last year with SIA and while the space in economy was OK, at 6'3 I did get a bit peeved when the lady in front reclined her seat while I was eating my dinner.

I politley asked if she might unrecline it so I could continue eating but she simply told me to off and not to bother her again, her partner also decided he fancied a bit of this and was straight out of chair and in my face. I'm on this flight with my wife and two girls, both under ten I might add.

Being a big chap, I'm not going to accept this, so I say politely and with a smile on my face that this response in unacceptable and that the seat will go back up while I eat my dinner. The guy seeing how big I am decides to sit down at this point and put his headphones on. I ask her again and this time she complies with my instruction to lift the seat before, as I said to her, I do it for you. He says nothing.

CC come over and ask if everything is OK, I say that I believe it is, explain what happened and thank her for her attention.

She then moves these two to business class.