PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU Law to ban Airline Bonds!!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2001, 02:17
Arkroyal

fish

Tilii,

I applaud your views and argument on this subject, but I must take you to task for your comments a page or two back suggesting that the ex military have had their licences paid for by the taxpayer.

Throughout my time in the RN I was a taxpayer too, and served my fellow taxpayers in various parts of the world, sometimes at considerable risk to my health.

Upon leaving, I shelled out the best part of £14000 to aquire ATPLs both fixed and rotary. The CAA credited me with nothing but my flying hours. All the exams had to be sat, all the flying tests taken and paid for.

Right now, I find myself in the last six months of a bond for a type to be phased out by my employer, who at present is insisting that a new bond will be required for the upcoming enforced changed type rating.

As you say...immoral and reprehensible. Hopefully a mass refusal to sign such a bond will have the desired effect, but canvassing support from fellow pilots would break other company rules and leave one wide open to yet more wrath from the likes of the Guv.