PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: AsA ATC staffing levels
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2008, 07:30
phew_they_missed!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are many towers and/or approach cells accross australia. Quick list: Perth, Adelaide, Alice Springs, Hobart, Launceston and more.

The problem is that many of the jobs at centres outside of Melbourne and Brisbane are popular...not everyone wants to live in those 2 places!

The salaries vary. There is very little difference between the pay for an approach controller and a tower controller at a major city aerodrome. Tower controllers at smaller cities (eg Launceston) can earn less though.

As far as what kind of salary you can expect if you get here. Well, you would probably have to negotiate that if you get offered a position. I beleive ASA have recently had to offer the international recruits a higher than normal starting pay just to attract them. I imagine if you are a suitably qualified person with skills we need then you would have some leeway as to where your pay would start.

Also, be aware that we are currently in negotiations with ASA over pay and conditions for the next few years, so things may change a little in the next 6 months (hopefully!)

If you need more detail, PM me an email address and i'll email you the currrent agreement from work.