PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anger at MoD plan to unfurl £2.5m of new flags
Old 29th Jun 2008, 21:58
exscribbler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a non-story pushed out by some under-brained journo; take no notice.

Flags do get tatty if they're used but what really ps me off is when chavs have a St George's flag with ENGLAND written across it as if they have to be reminded. Thick bs.

Once upon a time our local Tesco had some flagpoles from which they would fly a house flag (a blue thing with TESCO written on it) and a Union Flag. I remember seeing a young manager lowering them one evening and he allowed the Union Flag to trail on the ground. He was not impressed when I took him to task for lack of respect for his national symbol. I didn't expect a side party to pipe the still and everyone on the upper deck to face aft and salute but he could have looked after it better, I thought. The problem was solved when the flagpoles were removed so there could be more parking for customers with children...

#2 son lives in Denmark where people are proud to fly their national flag (the Dannebrog) from flagpoles in their gardens. People won't do that sort of thing here because they'd be thought of as members of the BNP. How sad.

Rant over.