PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help! How long is the selection process for ATCO?
Old 29th Jun 2008, 20:59
watch_the_birdie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ke200
I thought it would be a little unusual to start a degree only to drop out a few months afterwards!
Haha not unusual at all! Out of 20 who started on my degree, 3 dropped out by Christmas of first year. But then I did choose Geophysics. Best 4 years of my life so far, and I don't regret being in debt for it at all. In fact, student debt isn't classed as real debt so I'm not particularly worried about it (i'm talking about the goverment student loans here, not dodgy loan sharks). That's my view on it anyway, although bearing in mind I am Scottish and went to a scottish uni so I didn't pay tuition fees and I got nice means tested bursaries. But please don't be put off uni by just "being in debt" at the end of it. If you want to do uni for the sake of getting a degree and for the experience, just do it. I did.

My selection took something in the region of about 2 months. I passed the medical back in November, but I'm only actually starting a Bournemouth next week (eek!).

I'm sure if you applied right now, you'll be done by Sept 1st. Heck, if you don't pass the first stage, you'll know sooner! (That isn't supposed to sound harsh, though I am aware it probably does).

All the best with your application!