PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help! How long is the selection process for ATCO?
Old 29th Jun 2008, 19:37
ke200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, but can anyone give me an answer as to how long it takes to get through the stages? All I want is to have a confirmation of "yes, you are eligible to train for ATCO" before September 1st, not including training itself. As in, does it take (for example) 4 weeks, one week for stage one, two for stage two and another for stage 3? Or is the process much longer, taking a month to receive confirmation for each stage? I'll work out the finer details later, but thanks for the advice - I thought it would be a little unusual to start a degree only to drop out a few months afterwards!

I guess I can always ask the people at the stage one tests - I heard somewhere there's a trained controller there.

@ Gonzo, i'f i'm eligible and can get a confirmed place I'd just work full time somewhere to have a bit of money for living costs until that date arrives

@ timelapse, I'd really want to get a solid career going rather than building up debt by going to University, but all I want at the moment is confirmation that i'm suitable to train. I could always get a job somewhere while waiting for university assuming I don't make the grade - I hope that doesn't happen though.