PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2008, 16:50
elleni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little_Red_Hat

about the cost for the medicals is vary depending on the country you live in. i have no idea how much it will cost in australia. i can tell you how much i spent in Bulgaria. so i paid for the medicals and x-rays around $140 and for the vaccinations $180.

teeth:

· Teeth should be free from caries and all necessary fillings completed.
· Roots etc. should have been removed. Sockets clean, uninfected and healthy.
· Temporary fillings are not acceptable.
· Gingiva and oral cavity to be free from infection or disease.
· Teeth should be free from plaque, scaled and polished. Good level of periodontal health.
· Crown and bridgework, if present, should be in good condition.
· On initial examination in EK clinic, if treatment is found to be unsatisfactory or uncompleted, it will
need to be restored at the patients expense.
· Dentures, if applicable, should be in good condition and fit properly.
· Root canal treatment should be complete and satisfactory. For recent RCT, a post treatment periapical
X-ray should be supplied
· Wisdom teeth which are normally symptom-free (i.e. which do not compromise adjacent teeth or
do not create recurrent infections) do NOT require removal.
· Dentition should be of cosmetically acceptable appearance
· Gaps / missing teeth do not need to be replaced by bridges etc. If posterior and unnoticeable.

OPHTHALMIC REPORT:

Visual Acuity:
Distant Visual Acuity must be CORRECTABLE with contact lenses to 6/9 (or the equivalent measure of 20/30) using both eyes.
Near visual acuity must be CORRECTABLE to at least N5 at 30-50cm and N14 at 100cm.

Contact lenses:
EMIRATES only permit cabin crew to fly with contact lenses. Spectacles must be available for standby correction. Soft permeable contact lenses are preferable for Cabin Crew. The very dry, cabin environment is unsuitable for hard non-permeable lenses. Candidates who require hard lenses (e.g. for keratoconus) to meet the vision standards are considered unsuitable.

the eye test is just a standart one so don't worry.

good luck

Last edited by elleni; 29th Jun 2008 at 17:07.