PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATP Scheme (easyjet type rating and line hrs)
Old 29th Jun 2008, 13:04
Troy McClure

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From Easyjet's internal communications:

Airline Training Partnership (ATP)

There has been much rumour and speculation these past few months about a recent initiative we have embarked upon with a new supplier ATP.

Without wishing to let the truth get in the way of a good rumour I would however like to avail you of the facts.

We have an agreement with ATP to train 32 cadets this summer to the total of 150 hours per cadet. They then all have a pilot position to go to with another carrier upon successful completion of their training. They have not been employed by us and are outside our pilot establishment so in effect they are an extra resource for this summer. This is a very good opportunity for us because it allows us to effectively sell our surplus training capacity in the summer whilst earning significant revenue for us and in the current climate this is very welcomed.

I can accept that initial advertising on ATP’s website which made claims of “join the easyJet pilot programme" were misleading but you will note that these claims have since been removed. ATP has been advised not to use the easyJet name, logo or other such brand material to market their services.

My thanks go to all of the line trainers that are conducting flying this summer.