PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reclining seats send airline tempers soaring
Old 29th Jun 2008, 01:14
Tarq57

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Totally agree there isn't really enough room in most econ layouts.
But to blame your fellow passengers is a bit illogical (though I have seen some fairly rude and uncompromising behaviour at times.)
To blame the airline is a somewhat valid argument. I would have thought it the airlines' responsibility to make sure the product suited the intended use.
If, however, the airline can not stay in business because its product puts it at a significant commercial disadvantage, who is left to blame?

We (en masse) voted, with our wallets, for these traveling conditions. I see it as a great shame when an airline (as referenced above in PAXboy's post) tries to improve inflight conditions, but can't maintain the service because of inadequate patronage.
Personally, I'd prefer to spend a few extra $ for a comfy seat..don't care too much about IFE or other distractions. Since such an offer no longer exists around these parts, I tend to fly less often, 'coz it takes a lot longer to save for a business seat.
It's really just a sign of the times. Overpopulation, shortages (eg: water, oil, clean air, space, energy) etc, stress is just going to continue to increase, I'm afraid. This is just one sign of it. Try to develop a coping strategy.