PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh arrivals
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2008, 18:12
Hootin an a roarin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stupendous Man

All our watches attended one of your truce days within the last 6 or so months.

Also all our opposites at Scoacc have visited us but during their rostered hours. We have not got the manpower to release people which is poor on NSL managements part!

You may work opposite me as I see the area guys working their butts off sequencing traffic. It is appreciated. It doesn't happen however across the board which is the problem. We have a good relationship as I previously stated and both sides need to improve. We are not as busy as doon sooth and traffic in dribs and drabs can come direct to finals and at a highish level. However during the 'rush hours' it does not work as well so standardisation is needed. Can we leave it up to the individual controllers with 2 different plans in mind to decide how to sequence, or standardise things? I do the vectoring and want my aircraft routeing to a point that gives me room to manoeuvre and descend without being backed into a corner by the area guy deciding where the aircraft is routeing. My old argument used to be "you may as well vector him onto the ILS and i'll go sit in the tower"

However after previously working at TC and i've seen Manc too, there is a definite reluctance to hand over more than one aircraft at a time when holding.

We are never going to agree on this scenario as both sides can quote occasions when things haven't gone to plan. Surely flying the flight planned route is safe and orderly, and with co-ordination in quieter periods to route direct, efficient too.

TALLA RADAR

Just out of interest was there any input from the airports in the meetings on STMA. I would not be surprised if again due to lack of manpower we may be being sold down the river again.