PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh arrivals
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2008, 14:34
Stupendous Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H & R :
When was the last time you (or the rest of your watch) came to Scottish for a visit? I've seen PH controlling the bottom levels of the stack and left traffic at 80 and 100 with the only traffic being vectored by App one on a 10 mile final 06. That doesn't inspire those of us on the other end of the phone line that the stack is being managed that well.
However I do appreciate that there are people at both units who could do better.
Do PH really want every a/c to the stack? I know on our watch we bust a gut to get them all in a line, 8 miles apart, and speeded - no one has complained so far.
If PH want them to the stack then we can do that too - but PH have got to clear the levels.

Before you ask I have done tower and approach before doing area.

Bad Bear:
While I am commenting,
if you need us to go down immediately please say "descend"
if you are being friendly and offering descent say "descend when ready" and that will help us save fuel.
Not saying that you do this but if I had a pound for every time I told an aircraft to descend and had "is that when ready" fired back at me. We as ATCOs know what descend means - not all your flying bretheren seem to.

As for levels at Tartn - we can only hold up to FL140 - so if we started at FL100 we wouldn't get much use out of it and you'd all be holding much further down the line.