PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reclining seats send airline tempers soaring
Old 28th Jun 2008, 13:24
Cool Wavy NG738

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An age old problem that will never be properly solved unless everyone puts in Cathay Pacific style "Y" class seats. As cabin crew I see this all of the time, but the bottom line is that the customer pays for a certain class of travel, should make educated choices before they book a certain seat, and if that choice is an economy seat with a recline button they should be able to use that facilty outside of meal services. However I would say that reclining should be done in a gentle, considerate manner.

As an aside when I am travelling as a fare paying customer and 6' 2" tall and someone in front of me reclines I don't get into a child like strop over it. Also if you are one of the many that choose to knee-dig me when sat behind when I recline even slightly, when you next visit the toilet expect to return from the toilet with my seat reclined fully.

It's my ticket, my seat for those hours, and my choice to relax in it as best I can, you also have a recline button you can use outside meal services.
And it's worth noting that seats that don't recline are generally issued last - so get to the airport earlier next time, no good trying to say you haven't got a decent seat when there are 260+ seats and you/your party are 258, 259 and 260 to check in on the manifest.

Cool Wavy NG738 leaves to put on his flameproof jacket - lol