PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have I Made The Right Decision?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2008, 10:26
benish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck with your driving test, but drive carefully... I would have a ppl now if i didnt waste £4000 on my writeoff....i mean car. Luckily the council didnt make me pay for the tree
Shouldn't have crashed then should you!

Im in the same boat, I've just finished my A levels, and they were in Economics Business and ICT so nothing to do with flying. I dont want to move away from home, get into debt, or study a meaningless course because all I want to do is fly, or albeit be involved with aviation, so yep Uni is a no go.
I did plan to jump straight in and get a ppl then borrow from family and bank to get the rest. I then thought thats not financially viable so i then thought i'd increase my hours at my part time job whilst doing a PPL and then re asses and move onto atpl exams and further. But taking in more advice and my thoughts I just cant see how I will land a job as a pilot at such a young age in huge debt and nothing on my CV. I now managed to land a job as a baggage handler at LBA, Its in aviation, Im looking forward to it. I hope to stay there a year then re asses, maybe i'll move into despatch. But I am now just thinking what If, when I do eventually get qualified, not find a job with an airline. What do I do? Work at Morrissons? A degree that can land me into a well paid job whilst Im waiting for an airline to ring me would be great, but I just dont want to study ever again for an education degree other than Piloting. Plus, what degree would I want to study! I have an interest in aviation thats it! Suppose I could study airline operations but I may as well just worki in an airport, thats all the degree would lead me to!

I hope you, EGNT, share some of this worry about not finding a job. its a huge gamble!