PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Halleluejah! CDS "Armed Forces 'stretched beyond their capabilities"
Old 28th Jun 2008, 03:32
FFP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The many MANY volunteer organizations across the land from St. Johns Ambulance to the RNLI who sacrifice their time in service of others for no monetary reward are staffed by people who ARE of this country.
St Johns is an easy one to explain. Free entry to football matches and concerts innit ? ()

My experience is that individually the people of the UK care about the forces, but as a nation, we do pretty bad. I've seen how the US do it, and that's more like the way things should be IMHO.

I have heard from friends that deployed with the US that in their rooms they have Starbucks coffee, with messages written on them (and so presumably bought) by individuals throughout the US. And not a week goes by without mutiple care packages arriving from schools, clubs, and organisations in the US.

On the subject of being stretched ? I will now add my name to the officer's publicly declaring their feelings on the current state of affairs