PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jersey, danger areas and crossing channel
Old 28th Jun 2008, 00:41
igarratt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jersey, danger areas and crossing channel

Hi there

Been hunting through all the old threads but no joy.

Planning a trip Liverpool to Jersey and coming up with few questions.

1) Whats with all the danger areas in the channel, are they all active (ish) or did someone get carried away, just seems there is so few channels to cut downwards is this right ?
Can only see two ways to get to Jersey in my little Cherokee bhd and sam.
Am I better in just planning a route that misses the DA's altogether ?

2) checked the key and my old Trev Tom but cant find out what the backwards looking P is on a danger area ?

3) the danger area with 'up' arrows, is this just showing that the upper limit shown is quite likely be to lower than that shown, vs the ones without arrows that are more than likely going to be right up to limit nothing more ?

4) If I end up coming over from the south west UK, would it be best to: fly around Guernsey to the north/south, over it 2000+ or transit it ?

5) Any advice on route to and from to use, I did hope for a nice 'busy airspace free' route, but if I have to fly under N866 I'll have to play with boscombe, Southampton and/or Bournemouth.

Would be great if someone that has done the route could give some pointers on route and altitude / FL best to use.
Current plan is to route down east wales, skirt Bournemouth, under N866 and cross coming in east of Guernsey's CTR.

Many Thanks Ian
oh and p.s. wonder why the CI is class A, does that not mean that they could if they want refuse access when I'm half way across the channel ?