PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1st Job?
Thread: 1st Job?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2008, 00:32
Swift6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience

I got my first start on a Station a few years back. It depends on what your after if you've got your heart set on working on the land then go for it! It'll be extremely tough but rewarding.

Me on the other hand I jumped at the opportunity of a first flying job as they were a bit harder to get then. I loved the flying, but most of my days were spent working in mid 40 deg heat fixing bores, and the techniques they used were dangerous at best.

I decided to call it quits when I walked away to have a drink and as I walked back a massive spanner which one of the drop kicks left up top of the windmill fell right where I was working!
I asked myself what am I willing to do to get hours - I didn't want to risk getting maimed for a few hours of flying a week! Although the spanner would have killed me outright.

It wasn't all bad though - The people were pretty good and its' a bit of a spin out if you've never left the city. I learnt alot about the real Australia and it certainly got me prepared for the places I've been since then.

Ryda if you've got any questions PM me. I don't know anything about Kidman, but I could give you a bit more of an insight into my experience.

Swift

Last edited by Swift6; 28th Jun 2008 at 00:34. Reason: spelling