PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC Pilots Flying Pay Fiasco
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2008, 19:15
Alfie Stenloop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EEB,

I must agree with the above comments, again I am one of the 85% or so who have been screwed over by the previous Director and his cronies (good to see he was awarded for bringing the AAC to it's knees - well done). I have made the conscious decision to leave the Army next year at my IPP, and am already in the process of interviews and job applications. It's a real shame as I have generally had 4500Hrs and 21yrs of fun and pleasure, flown with some great people and served in some great Flt's/Sqn's, but I see no real future in the AAC, therefore time to go. The pay issue was really the straw that broke the camels back for me, just about summed up how lowly we are valued and they still wonder why huge numbers are leaving/planning to leave/transferring to another Service.

Having worked very closely with the new breed over the lst 2-3 years, I wish them well and if they have half as much fun as I have had during my career then they will leave content people, although probably just as frustrated with the appalling management and policy that exists within the Corps. Heard yesterday about a chap who is posted (not through choice and fulfilling a requirement of the Corps) to an E2 post and as a result is having his flying pay reduced by 25% and frozen at that level until he returns to flying or flying related post, they wonder why we are leaving.

Anyway moan over and out!