PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dennis crashes
Thread: Dennis crashes
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2008, 18:01
K48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dennis: Extreme Sportsman?

Hi Dennis,

Thank God your alive... People should note that your crunch threatened nobody else and as such is a testament to the validity of your CAA display authority and safety procedures. An acrobatic display is always a risk to the pilot, so the rest of the world's opinions on safety are mostly irrelevant.

External pressure should not affect your personal decision process here either way. I.e: Don't get back into the saddle to make a point.... equally, don't stop because of 'them'.
Judging by all the posts.... I am sure all would agree that we will respect you greatly if you get back in the saddle, knowing you are newly aware of the risks, (I'm sure you will analyse contributing human and environmental factors and allow new margins in future!). But also we will respect you equally for calling it a day. You could easily continue within safer margins with new knowledge. Let's face it you do it because it's fun right?
But the most important thing to remember is: We all want you to be around for the next pub gathering... with loose teeth or not...

Celebrate being here still!!!
Hope to catch your next display soon...

Last edited by K48; 30th Jun 2008 at 13:49.