PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2008, 14:29
Little_Red_Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all that info, esp Emirates Girl, I attended interview a few years ago and got to final but received a 'no' before the medical stage... hoping to try my luck again in July... either Perth or Adelaide (Australia)

Just a few things I would like to know:

On average, how much should I expect to need to save towards joining costs, such as medicals and so forth? Also, I have flown before so have had the main vaccinations, do I have to get them all again or is proof I have had them enough?

What are Emirates like with regard to teeth? Mine aren't perfect but they look ok in pics, it's mainly in the back the problems are. I have two impacted wisdom teeth, but my dentist said there is no need to remove them unless they cause me pain. (They don't.) Would Emirates still require me to have them taken out? I have had some cavities filled but other than that he said my teeth are fine and can't see any problems.

Also about contact lenses- I know it's said that Emirates don't accept glasses, but I once asked an Emirates crew on my flight and she said if you wear contacts and they irritate you on long flights you may bring a letter from your doctor and Emirates will allow you to wear your glasses after taking off so long as they are off with contacts back in for landing (i.e. no glasses in the terminal) Can any current (working) crew tell me if this is still true?

Also what do they test for in the eye exam? I am guessing is the standard medical tests eg colour blind test, distance vision etc... I wear contact lenses, my vision is perfect (6/6) corrected. Is the test done with or without correction worn?? Is the test only done once (in home country) or is it repeated again when you get to Dubai?? I previously got through interviews but got the 'no' before the stage of doing medical tests. I really want to get to that stage this time and am a little nervous about what is done for medicals!

I would appreciate any tips from those who have recently attended open days/interviews in AUSTRALIA only. I understand EK recruit everywhere but the recruitment seems to be slightly different here. I have heard that those who seems to talk less get through lately, is this true? I don't want to have to 'dumb myself down' to get in but I want to have a good chance as well. I don't know what I did wrong last time, so any pointers would be great!!

Thanks so much, good luck everyone!!