PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will the bottom of the barrel ever be scraped for pilots in the future?
Old 27th Jun 2008, 12:58
Mercenary Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
djfingerscrossed,

So, because somebody failed an interview due to nerves, pressure etcetera it means they should try to circumnavigate sim-checks, psychometric tests and just attempt to buy their way into the job?

BUT remember we all go through failures like these in life. It's what helps mold our characters so that we don't crumble under pressure next time.
So true, and in my experience its the ones who slog it out and who keep battling that turn out to be the best pilots.

Bigfoot

My comments are more than justified! Please don't get my views confused between paying for a type rating and paying an airline to sit in the RHS to build up a few hours in the expectation of getting hired somewhere else. I don't have a problem with pilots paying for a type rating (although 200 hr pilots should be made aware that it doesn't really make them that much more employable in the majority of cases).

I do have a problem with people paying an airline to build hours! These people take away jobs and money from decent professional pilots and the only real qualification is a fat wallet. Some airlines don't seem to realise it yet, but it WILL bite them in the ass!

Would you feel that we would be a danger because of our low hours??
Everybody has to start somewhere but while you are low houred you do present a risk. That is why experience and training is so important.

Airlines who are involved with these "pay to play" schemes are continuously keeping a low level of experience on the right hand side of the flight deck, this IS a flight safety risk!

Have you ever experienced real danger?
Seriously, what has that got to do with anything?

regards

MP