PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerofan, Spain
Thread: Aerofan, Spain
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2008, 10:16
hughesyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jamongris, sounds like you have had problems at Aeromadrid and a slightly different experiece from myself although you are right about the distance learning part. It was only last year that i did my ATPLs with Aeromadrid, and that was all in english, in fact i have a friend who is still there on a english speaking course. They always have about 3 classes full of international students runing at any one time. These classes are mainly intergrated students, but i was modular and did the theory part in the same class, as was about 3 others while i was there. The majority of the students are Dutch, but there were english, irish and italian all in my class. They dont advertise a "distance learning" course in english, but heres how i did mine. I paid just for the ATPL course, which involved me going to the classes in the evening i think it was from about 5 until 9pm. All the lectures were in english and the majority of the lecturers were excelent, being serving iberia captains, Madrid university proffesors and military jet pilots. when it came to the exams, you sit them mixed with the spanish but you get a english exam paper, so the DGAC do sit exams in english. Aeromadrid dont advertise a modular course as they make more money from intergrated students, but if you phone and ask them , they will allow you to do just the ATPLs if you want, after all , they cant resist turing your money down!!. If anyone needs a contact there then PM me.

Beleive it or not, i have had a good experience with the Spanish DGAC, which did surprise me considering their reputation. I requested to do the CPL in the UK and the UK be the state of licence issue.To my surprise they not only agreed but drafted a full letter, stamped and signed to the UK CAA, which the UK caa have also accepted!.