PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC cadet vs. OAT/Netjets
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2008, 22:29
hollingworthp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep - it is 1520 and 40 degrees (it will get hotter yet today!). Did 2 duals and a backseat earlier (Holds & Approaches). Due back to Oxford in 6 weeks or so.

If I recall correctly, 5% of the applicants were successful on the scheme.

We do get several 'field trips' during our training (London City Airport and Flight Safety) and it is possible to arrange to fly in the back of a company jet if one is doing a suitable ferry flight (once you are on the course that is). A real benefit in my eyes is the close contact we have with NJE throughout - with the programme manager visiting the cadets once a week. We are definitely made to feel 'part of the NJE family' which is nice as the other schemes at OAA don't seem to get that (I may be wrong though).

There are quite a few University coursemates on our scheme - Loughborough graduates seem to be popular but I don't recall the other Uni's.

Do you get weather problems over in NZ? This is obviously supposed to be a fair-weather base but wind (and temperature) are quite problematic for the solos and we stop flying at 46 degrees (was 43 up until last week but the limit was raised .... probably by someone who did not have to sit in a warrior at that temperature