PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drug Smugglers - To Eat or not Eat...
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2008, 21:05
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Juud,

I don't think I was being too hasty. My issue with Paul's employer being amateur (in my opinion) doesn't have that much to do with UMs, but more with the fact that parents can choose whether they want their babies strapped in (with extention seat belt) or not. Also, that they can (and I get the impression - must) serve hot beverages when the seat belt sign is on. Another thing is allowing children to sleep on the floor, and not forgetting the fact that if passengers feel like smoking, threatening or abusing the crew, they won't be reprimanded, because, as Paul says, the passenger is always right.

I find the lack of SOPs regarding these issues highly irresponsible. Babies and children can't make informed decicions. It has been proven that babies are safer when strapped in (remember the baby that died in a Delta emergency?). Also, if you have a child (or adult for that matter) sleeping on the floor, the potential for injury is huge. Turbulence, being stepped on, decompression, the list has many more potentially dangerous situations.

Therefore, I feel I wasn't too hasty in my critisism. I can't imagine working for an airline who doesn't have SOPs for such issues and the fact that they wouldn't look after the crew regarding disruptive passengers.

Gg

Ps. I didn't really comment about the policing of potential drug mules. Nor am I on an aircraft to be an amateur cop. I'm there to look after passenger's safety and security.