PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ghurka Rifleman PUN VC. Triumph! (Merged)
Old 26th Jun 2008, 19:42
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
"Apoplectic of PPRuNe" offering to my MP:

Dear Chug's MP,
I was shocked to read at:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1029303/Gurkha-87-won-VC-returns-war-medals-Downing-Street-refused-free-hospital-care.html
that Mr Tul Bahadur Pun VC (now 87) has stopped receiving NHS treatment as of this week following a demand for payment in full for all past present and future treatment. You have very kindly assisted my previous entreaties on behalf of Mr Pun VC, and the ensuing reversal of entry refusal together with NHS treatment provision for his urgent medical needs was most satisfying. We all felt a tremendous gratitude to the NHS medical professionals at the West Middlesex University Hospital when we learned of his excellent progress there. Until this week, when following the intervention of an “Income Generating Manager”, one Mr Andrew Finlay, this frail but gallant gentleman was forced to quit the hospital. I suspect that you share with me a sense of outrage at how this Gurkha War Hero has been treated. As one of only ten surviving VC holders we owe him more than we could ever repay. All we can do is treat him with the greatest consideration and respect while he is still with us. Mr Finlay’s actions were the complete antithesis of that and he should be sacked forthwith. Once again I am ashamed of the actions of my country’s apparatchiks and their dealings with this brave but vulnerable gentleman. I suspect my protest will be one of many thousands which will once again have to be responded to belatedly by Whitehall.

Yours sincerely,

Chug

Last edited by Chugalug2; 26th Jun 2008 at 19:50. Reason: Lied about Mr Pun's age!