PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2008, 17:56
Em0866

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recently went on holiday from CWL to ZTH with TCX on the 6.15am flight. There were 3 desks open and as I was towards the front of the queue didn't see any evidence of problems at that time of the morning. However, I am sure that if I'd stayed to see the queue grow, along with WW flights, MON to SFB and TOM then I can see it would have been a problem.

However, this was nothing compared with what they had in ZTH. Only 2 carousels at baggage reclaim and you had to guess which one to go to, as there were no signs to say which carousel to go to. With only 2 there it was either one or the other. I have to say though that CWL wins hands down there!

On my return a week later, and after reading some of the horror stories, they have now opened a new departures with 15/16 check in desks. All very good I hear you say. Well yes but they didn't have enough staff to open them all. So 4 lines at check-in for 4 different flightsbut only 3 desks open. At least we were under cover and not out in the hot sunshine (which how it was until they opened the new departures hall).

I know CWL is far from perfect but much better than some I've been to over the years at other airports I've flown to. After saying that though they should do something drastic about check-in and the queues. I dread to think what it would be like if FR decided to start flights, let alone any other airlines that have not yet been set up