PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ghurka Rifleman PUN VC. Triumph! (Merged)
Old 26th Jun 2008, 13:46
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Well said goldcup. Herewith my twopenneth. Email to my MP next. Drown WMUH in outrage and get shot of Mr Finlay. He sounds more at home outside a club minding the door anyway!

Dear Ms Donnelly,
As CEO to the West Middlesex University Hospital you will no doubt be only too aware of the case of Mr Pun VC and the appalling way that he was treated by your Income Generating Manager, Mr Andrew Finlay.
Mr Tul Bahadur Pun is a man that everyone in this country owes a very special debt to as he is one of only ten surviving VCs. His presence in this country is only because of the overwhelming outrage at the government's refusal to allow him entry as he hadn't demonstrated a sufficiently close association with the UK! Once they had been shown the error in their ways he was welcomed by his fellow Ghurkhas at Heathrow. I was privileged to have witnessed that emotional scene. Thereafter we learnt that he was receiving the medical treatment that he so desperately needed and was making excellent progress, very much due to your own superb medical professionals. I salute them all! Thence arrives Mr Finlay. Oblivious to all that I have just outlined he demands payment for past present and future treatment from this frail old war hero. If you dispute this account I have it from:
Gurkha, 87, who won the VC returns war medals to Downing Street after being refused free hospital care | Mail Online
Never mind the fact that it's the Mail, if it's a lie denounce them. If it is for the most part true, sack Mr Finlay. You are going to be faced with enormous outrage over this incident. Action now will serve to dissipate it. I am writing separately to my MP who supported my previous entreaties on behalf of Mr Pun. I trust that she will do so again, and that you in turn will be hearing from your superiors.

Very sincerely,

Chug