PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets (Europe) Interviews - All you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 26th Jun 2008, 11:46
Buttie Box

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with ADFS here, as I'm a -400 driver suffering from chronic fatigue. Add to that 1 landing a month if I'm lucky, 2 days off in between ULH patterns, spending at least £500 a month to get to and from work, flying 70% of the time at night and sleep patterns that would make any doctor cry "foul" and all of a sudden Netjets is where it's at.

I agree it's horses for courses but there's a line in the NJ blurb that says something along the lines of "discover why you liked flying". It's true. I'm presently getting my UK ATPL in order and should be applying in August sometime.

I like the idea of looking after people; I like the idea of staying current and proficient on something smaller; I like the idea of being trained 29 days a year instead of the 2 canned sim exercises I perform every 6 months, and I look forward to the fluid, ever-changing challenges that NJ provides.

My only worry is that is that even with 6000 hrs, I don't make command within a year because the 66% pay cut to join is going to hurt. However, I feel as if I'm dying in my current job and at 45 realise that this is your only go at life. No job is perfect but compared to what I'm doing at the moment it's my dream shot.

Hope to see you guys by the end of the year.

BB