PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light aircraft "could be bombs"
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2008, 08:11
Supersport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Missing the Point...

SNS3Guppy:

No. security and the future of general aviation really belongs to you, and it doesn't stand a prayer if you don't take it seriously in all it's forms, benefits, blessings, threats, and failures. It's all on you.

Take it seriously. Act accordingly.
I think you may have missed the point.

I don't think there will be many people posting here that don't / won't 'Take it Seriously'. I would suspect most keep there eyes open for anything untoward going on at their home field, I know I do.

As has been said before, most of us Brits are well versed in 'Acts of Terror' and so, in my opinion, the 'fear' being felt here in the UK about terrorism by the general public is pretty flat, especially compared to the mass panic / hysteria / fear that has flooded the USA post 9/11. That much is obvious due to the total over reaction by the numpties that run the USA, the 'War On Terror' Lets face it, the mighty USA couldn't be seen to do nothing. Ask yourself this though, what difference has it made?

You have misinterpreted what most contributors have written during this discussion, people are not down playing the current terrorist threat faced by this country, most Londoner's have experienced it first hand.

What people are trying to say is, they are totally pissed off with the current misinformed UK Government and Sensationalist UK Media and the way it USES AVIATION as a scapegoat / whipping boy in order to cause public outcry / upset and to instill the fear of God into the general populus, in order to cast a shadow on MUCH LARGER PROBLEMS. It takes the piss, Enough is Enough.