PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free digital logbook and duty times program - UPDATED
Old 26th Jun 2008, 03:21
das Uber Soldat

Received 127 Likes on 36 Posts
Free digital logbook and duty times program - UPDATED

Hi,

People are always asking me for a copy of my logbook and flight times calculator for excel so i've decided to rewrite it and make it available for anyone who is interested free of charge. Compared to every other one i've seen its quite complex and detailed so I hope it provides others with as much benefit it has me.

Basic features:

- A standard logbook
- A duty times calculator
- Maintains your currency and recency for night, IFR and all approaches.
- Keeps detailed statistical records, eg flying in last 7 days, month, year etc.
- Dynamic charts with user selection negating the need to ever manually edit a formula again.
- Logbook summary page that breaks down all your hours by a/c type & configuration. Day/night, command/dual, IF time etc. Keeps track of time to IFR and medical renewals. Very useful for filling out job applications.
- Conducts predictive analysis on your logbook to give you projected totals for things like 500 multi, 100 night, etc.
- Charts time in each callsign, and breaks down how much you've flown with other people.

Once you've input the backlog of your data, day to day inputs are quite limited. The sheet gets all its calculation data from you inputting your duty start and end times, flight time and then your normal log book entry. It really doesn't take long at all.

Click here to download it.

Note: There is already some data in the sheet to serve as an illustrative example, just delete it and replace it with your own data.

Note: For those who know how to use Excel already, the worksheets are protected, to remove that protection for editing, the password is 'pprune'

UPDATE 18/8/2008.

This is an entirely new version of the software, v3.0. It incorporates many new features and has several major bugfixes. A general list;

- Approach recency fixed, 90 days VOR,NDB etc, 35 ILS.
- IFR recency fixed, specific calculation of I.F time on ground and inflight
- Duty times now adhere to a fixed 2 week period. User input allows you to designate what day is the nominated beginning of this period.
- Multi pilot copilot added
- User changeable times for the projected totals. Find out what date you're going to achieve various goals, useful for ATPL etc.
- More conditional formatting to help you identify when you're close to duty and flight time limits re CAO 48.1.
- General tidying up and graphical fixes.
- User tooltips pop up to help you with filling out various fields.

It should be very easy to copy your existing data into this sheet, so happy logging Its much easier to use now.

Last edited by das Uber Soldat; 18th Aug 2008 at 13:03.