PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ag Training
Thread: Ag Training
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2008, 23:06
HarleyD

Location: Aus, or USA, or UK or EU, or possibly somehwere in Asia.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JJR1670

Nothing really of any substance thou.

Sorry you feel that way.

I started ag flying 25 years ago and though I fly in a different field at the moment i still have strong associations with the industry. i started when other pilots laughed if you wore a stack hat, there were no tracking systems very few flow meters it was all hand and eye and a strong back and you better have a heavy vehicle licence and be prepared to fly all day drive all night. I was going to say it has changed a lot but I don't suppose the hours and effort required by a pilot these days is really much different, just more technology.

the grower doesn't care if you live or die, or if you are mr top gun himself, he just wants the perfect job for the lowest price. it is hard work, there is no glamour just an enourmous sense of self satisfaction (and bone weariness) at the end of the day and enough money to get you through to the next season. if you aren't going to at least listen to this advice then go and do your atpl's and fly with an airline, you attitude seems more suited to that .

Had my say, back to the real world

HD