PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More secrecy at Airservices – Waypoint 2008
Old 25th Jun 2008, 23:02
WELLCONCERNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I seem to recall a time many years ago - back in the early 90's - when the then DoT/CAA/DCA or whatever - used to call a consultation meeting every year to ask the stakeholders what they wanted. A week later, they used to call the same stakeholders back and tell them what they were going to get!!

It seems to me that then new Waypoint process cuts out one of those meetings [thereby saving the stakeholders travel expenses] - Airservices no longer asks what you want - they just tell you what they think you want and how they're going to skin you for the cost of it!!

Dick - the only way to change this is to lobby the Government to legislate a service mentality into Airservices - and the most effective way to do that might be to mimick the UK legislation that gives their regulator some economic and service regulatory powers over NATS in addition to the safety regulatory powers.

Now, I have to say, I would NOT give our current version of CASA any such powers - they can hardly manage what they've got!! BUT, if the Government is serious about a CASA review, they should be thinking about including a structural provision for service regulation.

This would be an excellent platform for you to canvass, Dick - you of all people know the value of putting SERVICE back into AirSERVICEs Australia.