PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PHI EMS Accident - Sam Houston National Forest, Texas June 8th
Old 25th Jun 2008, 22:07
victor papa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, let me get this straight from the preverbial horses mouth. I have to operate twins to start with. The fact that I am at 5500ft temps in summer from 30-45 degrees does not matter. The fact that I only have 4 airports with IFR capability covering 48 million people does not matter. The fact that I am in a 3rd world country does not matter. I just have to change the CEO, improove the ground facilities to accommodate my twin IFR machines all by myself and increase the 11 heliports at hospitols who can handle heli's(single weight and if twin probably only 6) to whatever I need to gain my 2.5-3 hr range should not matter. As long as I have a twin, be it 139/N3/332/76++, I am a safe operation and if not accomplisheble(spelling?) tough cookie for those who need the outreach doctors and 2.5 hr ferry to a hospital who can handle their emergency?

Wha do you suggest? The USA is a developed country but clearly not thatdeveloped. Europe is great, but look at the amount of helo's/ square kilo. Should I not have the right to protect myself against the biggest ciller with my stable single (very important modern) platform?

No lack of safety culture, justa reality?