PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Is Watching You Up North!
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2008, 21:44
SIUYA

Received 81 Likes on 25 Posts
rmcdonal............

Aircraft was U/Sd due to an air bubble in the Compass (I’m talking match head size).
CASA AWB 34-5 Issue 1:

CASA has become aware of inconsistencies regarding the maintenance of direct reading magnetic compasses. Specifically, the refilling of the compass where during the 3 yearly inspections called out by AD/INST/8 or 9, or any other inspection, it is observed that the fluid is either discoloured or there is a noticeable bubble, or bubbles, in the compass fluid.
CAO 108.6 Issue 2:

6.1.(1)(b) bubbles, excessive sediment and discolouration shall not be present in the [compass] liquid;
Looks to me like the CASA inspector was just doing his job and correctly applying the requirements of CAO 108.6 and AWB 34-5.

The CASA inspector was trying to impress me with his volumes of experience into dirt strips by "advising me on techniques to use to prevent damage to the elevator"..... NO SH!T Sherlock! As if I didn’t already know as I have twice his total hours, half into dirt strips.
I presume from your statement that you asked the CASA inspector about his flying experience, and that's how you are able to substantiate the claim that you had twice his hours? If so, then great tactic (NOT). It looks to me like a bad 'attitude problem' perhaps influenced your perceptions about your 'only' CASA ramp check 'experience'?

Sorry to say, but as flying-spike suggests, your post beggars belief.

And NO, I don't work for CASA, and never have.