PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 cruise altitude record
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2008, 21:35
denabol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A380 initial cruise

Thanks for the informative and very interesting replies to my question.

Since it began coming to Sydney I've flown their A380 each way to Singapore. Very 'soft' and quiet sort of jet, seemed to get off the deck in very little time and at a modest speed, but I followed the flight display at we were at 39,000 feet coming back from Changi straight off, and 38,000 feet leaving Sydney. Coming back we did also show 41,000 feet when breakfast came around while we were still somewhere south of Broken Hill. I understand that one of the big one's better habits is being able to avoid low level clutter at around 29,000 feet on heavy departures on older jets. I'm looking forward to seeing what their 787-9s do when they come on line since reading articles saying they would be used on comparatively shorter regional routes. Out of Canberra would be good but probably in my dreams, since I can get there maybe a bit easier than Sydney. Of course sub-orbital flight would be the real buzz. I'd love to see the earth from out there, but even if I could afford a joy flight in the thrill machine Virgin is offering passing the medical might be a problem. The silly old 'fart might die of a heart attack is probably what they'd say.