PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Scrap 6/3 pattern
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2008, 17:44
psychopathbabble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A LOT of crew will leave if the roster pattern changes. Many many people have said that is why they stay at easyjet, crew and flightdeck.

I have only been at EasyJet for a year but even in just 12 months it has deteriorated completely... I hear 'rumours' about how fun it was just a couple of years ago.

The 6/3 pattern loss will not be a long term fix for easyjets problem. The problem is mis-management of crew and duties. For example, sending gatwick crew to milan, sending stansted crew to gatwick to cover. Point?? They are wasting twice as much money as they would if they just sent stansted straight to Milan. If you look a little closer, there is so much money wasting going on, multiple taxis at the same time to the same place with one person in each taxi, taxi-ing people then cancelling the flight they are suposed to be working... the list is endless!

I understand that crewings job must be difficult sometimes, but these are simple things that could save a fortune!!!

Personally, most of the time I am happy at EasyJet but what with the threat of 6/3 disappearing, temporary staff working my flights (22 sectors in July, what is that all about!!), my unpaid leave request being denied... Yes I am searching elsewhere.

EasyJet will come to regret this very very soon... they could survive this oil price impact if they treated us better and listened to our ideas. After all, who knows what would work better? Those sitting in a room somewhere in Luton, or those that are actually out there working and having to follow these (stupid) rules and regulations?!!

Rant over :-)