PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 'Laying Off' 600!!
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2008, 12:20
Ellsam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The threat of laying off 600-All part of the masterplan.
It has been discussed to death and cadets are cheap to run and established contractors are not.
It has all been said but with quite an easy conversion from ng to 777 and going over the pond on the horizon as discussed so well recently by MOL. Yet still more shock tactics to gain custom, boring! 75 to old and 76 hard to get hold of he will continue to cut back at ryr then bring along the new long haul operation and give the people put in an awkward position at ryr the opportunity to fly trans -atlantic for yet more down-graded terms and conditions. They will not want to accept but will have to as they have mortgages, families etc and thus the cycle will begin again.
I have been there I did enjoy it to some extent but do hope all my friends in the company are ok and not shafted.
The base issue well divide and conquer need I say more, as old as the hills.
The leave issue well a joke as you would expect the longterm future ok but until the old guard accept that it was them constantly laying down to MOL that has lead to some percentage of this issue how can things move on.
All airlines will try to follow the MOL model for employee treatment but until someone turns around and says no it will continue over and over until pilots once paid as a professional people will be working for the minimum wage.