PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Scrap 6/3 pattern
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2008, 12:19
leisurelad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know you will probably hate me for this but having worked in crewing/ops before, i doubt any crewing officer works on the basis "oh they've done a hard shift before lets not put them on that trip", if its legal then do it.

When you work in ops/crewing, you have to manage crew levels on a day to day basis and you have to be company minded because if you delay the aircraft because you haven't got the correct cover, it will be crewing that have to answer to the managers and explain why and what alternatives did you seek.

Airlines are business's and will do whatever they have to do to make things work. Crew is not an easylife, i've done it myself and it is hard but when you work low cost, it is prob one of the most physically demanding rosters you will ever have but unfortunately you can't have surplus crew just sitting about.

I think by doing what they are doing or intend to do will soon see the weaker crew leave. if you want plenty of days off and an adequate social life then find an airline that offers that. Easy is low cost meaning low fares and therefore you have to budget with that. Low costs means stretching everything to its maximum as possible to keep your costs low.