PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 28th-february-2000-where-will-you-time-next-year
Old 25th Jun 2008, 11:21
jigsawblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
28th-february-2000-where-will-you-time-next-year

Remember this thread?

http://www.pprune.org/forums/profess...next-year.html

I started it and said

I've decided to lay down a marker, set a target, put up a deadline.

When I was training for my CPL/IR. I had a friend who, after every setback, had a favourite saying,
'Never mind, this time next year we'll all be flying jets'.
I've lost touch with him since, where are you N? Hope he is flying jets like all the rest of my friends.
So I've decided. THIS TIME NEXT YEAR I WILL BE FLYING JETS.
I invite you all on this thread to set a target for this time next year. I'm going to keep it up to date with my progress so that 12 months from now on the 28th of February 2001, I will state here on this forum that:
I AM FLYING JETS

No compromises, no buts, no might have beens.

Come on everyone set your personal goals in stone here and now. It'll be fun to see everyone progress and will encourage everyone to keep going. It's a bit like Pilots Anonymous. Day one and counting, remember we have 366 days this year.
Maybe it's time for an update from the original contributors. Where have you all ended up? That might be very interesting indeed.

In my own case, indeed one year later. I was indeed flying jets. Now eight and and half years later. I'm a training Captain, flying A330s on the Atlantic now with over 7000 hours. I live the live I have dreamed of, flying for a living, with a nice house, a lovely wife, charming children..........................OK I'm lying That never happened, well the wife and child did but the rest somehow failed to materialise I cannot even explain why or how. I do fly still and even make a little money from it. (Very little). I'm even considering walking away from flying once and for all. Enough is enough.

But enough about me. What about the rest of you. Where are you now?

I know where Redsnail ended up. But what of the rest of you?
It'll be interesting.