PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ormond Beach Aviation - Hour Building
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2008, 08:40
XL319

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Fantasy, just FACTS!!!

This was NOT a dig at your school Adrian so please don't take it so personal, but I understand you will want to protect your company image. I understand that you don't want other people giving the costs out as it could effect who comes to you for training. Your costs are good yes, however there is cheaper out there!!! It was a mere calculation on the "true" costs of hour building. Make the buyer beware as they say.

I'm sorry to disappoint AT, but £5920 is actually a C152 so slightly better than yours....with ADF, VOR, DME, ILS, Mode C, and only 5096 hours airframe. But sadly no autopilot

I would like to add that £5920 actually includes Hangerage, Insurance, including any maintenance.

Ok so lets break this down - £70 PCM standing charge (allows for insurance, maintenance, etc etc) - ok for 6 months £420 -5920 = £5500

£5500 / by 100 - £55.00 hour WET (just went up from £50.00 due to fuel costs) - we calculated on 24 ltrs fuel burn per hour not 20 as some people forget to lean (20.6 ltrs fuel burn if you lean correctly)

Fuel is currently £1.49 inc VAT (correct at time of writing) Comes in at 49.69 per hour.

It even includes oil!!!!

Seems a bit of a "deal" to me!!

ALL PRICES INCLUSIVE OF VAT

I would like to add that it is people's choices when it comes down to it and people should be aware of the actual true costs! I would like to add that with OBA you only allow for 3 hours flying per day (correct me if i'm wrong), i'm sure that there must be other restrictions with other people training at OBA which "must" limit the use of the aircraft some way or other.

I don't work for any school or club, but actually a no equity group!!! (no i dont own the aircraft either)

If you require something a little bigger we do have a C172 at £110 standing charge PCM and £70.00 per hour WET!!

P.S. I'm just telling it how it is!!!

Last edited by XL319; 25th Jun 2008 at 10:04.